Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Input issue with Nortel Meridian and VT520 Terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreadtek

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2012
US
I have tried using the VT520 terminal and have also remoted in through a modem and used PuttyTel on my PC, in both instances what I type in does not match what is being displayed. For example, when I hit the enter key, I get ^M come up on the screen. I was using the PBX terminal all day without issues. Anyone seen this before?

Try using VT100 or 102 or 220, N-8-1 . Make sure your baud rate is correct also

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

That is the only terminal I have available. How do I change the baud rate on it if I only get these mismatching characters when I type anything in?

There is a settings menu on all VT dumb terminals - that is what you have to find. Sometimes it is a key near the F Keys called SETUP

~~
Gene at www.GHTROUT.com

Ok I found another terminal to use, a VT420...BUT it was doing the same thing, so I kept playing with the settings and found a couple that finally did the trick:

Transmit and Receive at 9600
XOFF at 128
7 BITS, MARK PARITY
2 STOP BITS
COMM1=DEC-423

However, strangely before yesterday the only config that worked was:

2400 BAUD
7 and 2
Parity Mark

Any idea what would cause this change?

Thanks for the help everyone.

maybe someone moved the cable (to a different tty)?
or a dipswitch was changed on the SSC (if you have an opt11c)

software change? (Bps changed on TTY)

lots of possibilities....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back