Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Input Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noah114

Technical User
Mar 31, 2005
US
I have a report, and what I would like to do is generate something where is sales increase, bring in a picture and if they decrease to bring in a separate picture. How do I link?

Noah114
You haven't indicated how your report is laid out - what sales are shown. You also haven't indicated where the picturss are stored.

However, assuming that the pictures can be added to your query that drives the report...and assuming that your report is something like this:
June 2006 $200 in sales
July 2006 $400 in sales

Something such as this:
1. Put an unbound text box on the Detail section of your report. Let's call it txtSalesTotal. Make it a running sum. If you don't want it to show, set it to not visible.
2. Put an unbound image control on the Detail section of your report. Let's call it imgSales.
2. On the OnFormat event for the Detail section, put the following code:
Code:
If Me.txtSalesTotal > 0 Then
Me.imgSales = Whatever Picture you want when sales increase
Else
Me.imgSales = Whatever Picture you want when sales decrease

Since there isn't complete information to go on, you may have to tinker with what I have suggested to get it to work properly. However this may point you in the right direction.

Tom

How are ya Noah114 . . .

[blue]Increase or decrease in reference to what?[/blue] . . . the value in the previous record?

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back