Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Input from barcode reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

mensud

Programmer
Jul 22, 2001
US
I have ListBox which should contains data read by barcode reader. My idea was to put TextBox control onto form, and fill out the listbox from this control. But, I would like to make restriction on textbox field, so the user should not be able to type into this field, but use scanner only. My question is, if is it possible to make this kind restriction on the textbox field, or if you have any other idea how to solve this problem, I would be thankful.

Thanks.

Mensud

It doesn't work.
When I make it read only and after scanning, I get the well known message "The control is read-only" !!!

Some other solutions !?

Mensud

Silly me. I got confused, didn't read the post good enough (once again). The bar code scanner is basically stuffing keyboard input, so to the textbox control, you are pressing keys.
In other words, any control you disable from keyboard input will also be disabled for scanner input.
So I guess I don't have an answer.

-Dave S.-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

Put this on the KeyPress event of the textbox

procedure text1.keypress
LPARAMETERS nKeyCode, nShiftAltCtrl
NODEFAULT

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search