Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Input character Color in Procomm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammmcs

Technical User
Sep 22, 2009
EG
I want to make input character color red in procomm plus
EX.

>LD 20
REQ NEW
TYPE 3904

Is this possible?

Samo

Generally screen colors will be set by the host system sending escape sequences that Procomm would receive and act on accordingly. If that is not possible with your system, you may be able to fake it by using several when target commands to detect prompts or other text that indicates an opportunity to enter input is about to appear, send the appropriate escape sequence to the Procomm terminal window, then reset the color afterwards. This is just speculation since I've never tried it, but I think it might work.

Thanks knob

i want When i type any character to be a red color,

script can be do that? receive anything by default color(White)When I write, be red

Samo

anyone have idea ?
or any software to do that ?

Samo

Sorry I haven't been able to get back to this sooner. I think this is doable, but it will take a little work. The first thing is to find out what terminal emulation you are using in Procomm. I think then it should be relatively easy to send the proper escape sequence to the terminal window to change the character color then watch for the carriage return to indicate you are done typing, and change the character color back to the existing value.

are there script to do that easy

Samo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back