Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

input box ,date validation & pop up calender

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifeyinwa

Programmer
Mar 26, 2003
US
I am so frustrated , woke up at 4.00am and in the last 4hrs been battling with a validation & calender pop up for my SIMPLE input box. behind already with this office project
I thougt my initial code worked but , adding on the pop up window I got online from a google search the 2 codes did not seem to work well together. not sure whether it was the way I placed them in the script. tried to remove one and use the other and all of a sudden either way does not validate effectively.
PLEASE can someone help me with a pop up calender and a validation that is effective . my page is so simple.
Appreciate!!

Code:
<%
'get form details and declare the variables

StrCDATE = Request.form("theDate")

%>

<form method="POST" action="screen4F2.asp" >
<input type="text" name="theDate" size="10" maxlength="10">
<input type="submit" value="SUBMIT" style="color: #000080; font-weight: bold; font-variant: small-caps; font-size: 10px"><font size="1">

First thing, confirm your page validates correctly (use the w3 validation service online). Javascript that accesses the DOM needs it to be valid.

Second thing... remove all vestiges of the code you attempted to implement from the google search (they are either just not working, or you have implemented them incorrectly).

If you want to just implement someone else's solution then now is the right time to look for one (with example implementation that you can follow).

If you want to code your own solution, then this is the right forum to post to when you are stuck. Don't forget to post a link to your code (if you can't post just the isolated problem).

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Blog [!]@[/!] CodeRambler
[/tt]

Make sure your web page and css validates properly against the doctype you have chosen - before you attempt to debug a problem!

FAQ216-6094

How did that work out for you, ifeyinwa? Any closer to a working solution?

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Blog [!]@[/!] CodeRambler
[/tt]

Make sure your web page and css validates properly against the doctype you have chosen - before you attempt to debug a problem!

FAQ216-6094

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back