Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inovis TrustedLink i - Seeking Knowledge Auto Generate Email with Attached EDI PO Documents to Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChattyKay

Programmer
Sep 4, 2015
US
Hi All,

I have written a program that automatically generates emails to specified users when we get an EDI Purchase Order. I have not been able to automatically attache the EDI PO document that comes through our EDI package.

We use GXS/Inovis TrustedLink 6.03 on the iSeries.

If ANYONE has acccomplished this - pleaase share this information with the me.

Thank you,

ChattyKay

I'm assuming you're able to write code on the iseries... You should be able to write a pgm that will read the PO data in Trusted Link and embed into the email.

OR, you could create the report of the PO, send it to a specific outq and then in your program, go to that outq and attach it to your email. That all kinda depends on what iSeries email package you're using. Been awhile since I was on the iSeries, but I did this exact same thing and we used MAILTOOL.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back