Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inote9 social edition issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDIV

Technical User
Nov 28, 2015
DZ
Dear all,

How do I setup my Inote9 to receive emails from Webmail.
for info :
Server: Domino
Social Edition.

I have webmail access so I want to access email from the desktop application.

Thank you in advance

Regards

If I understand correctly, you want to have your iNotes client set to a webmail account, like you would with Thunderbird or Outlook.
It doesn't work that way, though. Your iNotes is to allow you to check on your Notes mailbox via a web browser. You cannot link it to an exterior account.
What you can do for getting webmail is set your webmail account to forward mails to your Notes address (by using your Internet Address that is in your Person document in the company Names database).

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Thank you so much for your reply.

That exactlly what I'm looking for

I successfully linked IBMINOTE SERVER (my webmail) to outlook so the issue is when I send and email to someone in the same company it works, so I'm not able to send emails to other like gmail, outlook, yahoo.

here is the error code I receive Erreur serveur : '554 Relay rejected for policy reasons.'

I hope there is a way to fix my issue.

Many thanks

The error message states that there is a policy in place that is blocking your mails. The good news is that that's typically the domain of the Domino administrator who implemented the policy. In other words, it can be changed. The bad news is that there is someone who decided that the policy was required. That someone is going to have to accept a change in policy for you to be able to send mail, and that might go contrary to the reason for which the policy was put in place.
You need to contact the Notes admin and work your way up to present your case and find out if you have a chance of getting the policy modified.

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Dear Pmonett,

I sent an email to our support I'm waiting their reply.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back