Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InnoculateIT causes Win2k SP2 to crash periodically

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabularasa

Technical User
Sep 20, 2002
US
Has anyone else had this problem?

We have InnoculateIT (23.57.48)on all our machines in the local LAN, and periodically the machines freeze up and the only way to get out of it is to Log Off. As soon as the Explorer.exe processes is ended the machine logs off and you can log back on. This happens one or two times daily. Can anyone give me some tips or anything to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance!

We used to have this issue. You must make sure that Inoculan on the affected desktop/server is running the latest Realtime Driver for Windows NT/2000. A new one was released October 1st. You can download it from

Also, I would not recommend scanning BOTH incoming and outgoing files with the RealTime Scanner, just enable incoming.

Hope this helps...

Thanks!

Im going to give this a try today and i'll let you know how it works out. If so, your a time and a life-saver!

Hi

1. Apply the latest realtime driver update and reboot the machine
2. Check the status, if this did not fix then do the following
- Do not reboot the machine
- Apply the realtime driver update
- Reboot the machine.

Thanks
Chari

Hi there,

Just running through the threads, I hope the suggestions given by Chari should have helped you. Pretty much, do a fresh install and then update the drivers and also the signatures, you should be all set. At times like this, reinstall would be the easiest and safest way if it's a production machine. Good luck. Cheers!
Virus Baba

Baba counting starts now..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back