Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inner join report from 2 data sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

elac

Technical User
Jul 9, 2002
BE
I'm using 2 datasources, one from an Excel file, the other from a DB Universe. If I link the 2 data sources with 2 common dimensions, BO will apply a full outer join.

I need to produce a report with dimensions from both datasources but in an 'inner join' way.

How can I do it simply ?

Example :

Data source 1 (Excel file)
--------------------------
CustNbr

Data source 2 (Universe)
------------------------
CustomerNumber Customer Name
1 paul
2 john
3 ringo

If I link CustNbr and CustomerNumber, a report with CustNbr and Customer Name will generate

1 paul
2 john
3 ringo

but I'd like to get

1 paul
2 john

Hello Elac,

The easiest way is to upload your Excel file to the same database you have your universe build on and fix the situation within the universe. This is of course a remedy that works for fixed info in the sheet, cause you have to do an import into the database each time data changes in the Excel-file.

A second approach would be to display the data from both sources in 2 columns in a table and create 2 variables that check whether a cell is empty or not. add these variables to the table and use filters to suppress the empty cells. If you do this for both columns the net effect would be that of a inner join. T. Blom
Information analist
Shimano Europe
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back