Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InList

Status
Not open for further replies.

dojuama

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2003
US
Question: I’d like to create a custom dimension using the InList operator. Lets say I’ve got 20 makes of car but I’d like my custom dimension to measure only 3 of those makes. So I create it (=<MAKE> InList (&quot;TOYOTA&quot; , &quot;GM&quot;) and I get to rows of data. One row that measures the InList items but then the other row that measure everything else. I don’t want everything else to show and I don’t want to filter it because I’d like to use the custom Demension in formulas. Any suggestions.

How 'bout grouping in your variable. You could then uncheck the box that says &quot;create a group for each unused Variable.&quot; It will lump all of the others together.

Another option would be to use your variable to create a flag. =if <MAKE> InList (&quot;TOYOTA&quot; , &quot;GM&quot;) then 1 else 0

You can then do a ranking on Make based on your new flag. Using the Ranking subtotals or NoFilter function, you could get exactly what you want.

In general, NoFilter may be a big help to you.

Steve Krandel
Knightsbridge Solutions
formerly BASE Consulting Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back