Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InList Used In The Where Operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUSOBJ4ME

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2010
US
If anyone could help. Basically this is what im trying to accomplish: I have a measure that is called <countOfAccounts*>, two dimensions <productCode> and <productType>.

The formula I used in webi that worked was this: =[countOfAccounts*] Where ([productCode] InList("133";"223") And [productType]="CF").

What I've tried in desktop intel is =<countOfAccounts*> Where (<productCode> InList("133","223") And <productType>="CF"). This is not working.

Basically what I want to do is count the accounts that have the product code 133 and 223 with the product type of CF.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

It works in WebI, but no in DeskI. That is correct. DeskI is now less functional than WebI. They do this on purpose since DeskI is not going to exist in the next release.

The Where operator in DeskI only works with "=" and a constant. Nothing else has ever worked.

Sometimes it works to create a flag using if-then-else and then use the Where with your flag. The problem is that the condition in your "if" has to exist in the block.

Good luck, but I think this isn't going to work.

Steve Krandel
Intuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back