Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inline Graphics w/Text Flow??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine

Technical User
Feb 4, 2001
US
Can someone tell me if Pagemaker 7.0 will do text wrap around an inline graphic? I have searched the internet for help but with no luck. I find it hard to believe that it isn't possible in Pagemaker yet in a simple program like Word it is easy. If you have a document with many page, how can you manage to edit it without having to go back and adjust all the graphics. Any help would be appreciated.

No you cannot wordwrap around an inline graphic. But you can wordwrap in any shape you want if the graphic has been placed. Are you saying you want the graphic to stay with certain words even when you make edits?

Yes I need certain photos to stay with certain words. Is that possible?

I don't think so. Well - let me qualify that. Of course it's possible to make certain photos stay with certain text by placing them inline, but you cannot also wordwap and as you have probably observed, it does crazy things to the leading. I think I would either:

(1) place the graphics inline and then when I was certain all the text had been added, starting from the beginning of the text, note where the photos ended up, delete them and then use File>Place to get them as non-inline graphics in the right place. Sounds mighty tedious.

(2) make a note of a few words (or alternatively, place a bright coloured rectangle in the text line) just prior to where you want each graphic to be, but not place any of the graphics, then complete the text and using the Story Editor, do a search for the text strings (or do a visual search for the coloured rectangles) and then place your graphics. Also sounds tedious but perhaps not as bad as the first.

An interesting problem, and not one I have had to deal with. And not really one PM is well equipped to handle. I know Framemaker is much better at doing something like this - for example, keeping photos and text of the same product together in a catalogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back