Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inking forms to database, tracking trainees 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazrat71

Technical User
Apr 5, 2006
US
Hi!

I was referred to your site by one of my IT personnel because no one here knows anything about web design. I am a novice web designer. If you give me the code and enough instruction, I can figure it out, but I am unfamiliar with a lot of programmer terms, so please be gentle...

I have developed an online training program using MS FrontPage and various Java scripts and I want to accomplish the following:

1. Create a login for users to access the training program that identifies name, job title and unit. I was wondering if the information from faq333-1030 would work for this...

2. Tie the login to a database so I can track who has entered the training.

3. Track the pages a particular user has visited to ensure they go to every page of the training.

4. Have the login information show up on the final page of the training, which will be printed by the user as proof that they completed the course.

Background: I have tried to use a form thru MSFP, but it will not let me publish it because the server extensions have not been installed. I don't know what server extensions are or where they need to be installed and neither does my network administrator.

Any assistance you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Molly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back