Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ink falling off page

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftdada

Technical User
Oct 15, 2005
US
Hello
There is an issue with an HP 9050 where the ink is coming off the page (bottom portion of the page). Any suggestions what my be the cause of this? Thanks in advance.
--dd

Can you be more specific. Is it dripping like perhaps due to the paper you are using. Or, is it continuing to print after the 'last line' of the page or... smearing...or...

I've noticed that the paper sometimes looks almost wet if
i print on both sides of the page with a heavy solid background printed -- for example a large black area.

Since the 9050 is a laser printer, it sounds like the fuser unit is turning off prematurely. First the laser printer lays down the toner (finely ground plastic) on the paper, then the heat from the fuser unit melts it onto the paper.

This is probably an issue for a service technician.

You can bet it is the fuser bar. Without it the print just wipes right off. Or falls off.

yeah, the fuser will have to be replaced, but the DC controller or formatter can also cause similar problems if it's not reading the fuser temperature properly. Either way, the HP or service tech will have to diagnose it. They only good news is that fusers are fairly cheap

Hope this helps

Good Luck!

Chris

ahhhh! problem solved. it was third-party toner; real cheap stuff.
thank you everyone.
--dd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back