Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inject media automaticly in LTO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mittun

Technical User
Sep 20, 2005
DK
HI,

is there a way to inject a media from the MAP into the LTO using a vault policy. I works fine to eject the weekly tapes and a daily DB backup.

I can't figure how to make a policy to take care of the injection of the tapes. At the moment I use a "Inventory robot" and check the "Empty access media port prior to update" before I run the Inventory Robot.
Alternatively I run the command:
vltinject.exe 0/Brandskab_VAS/create_and_eject_catalog_backup

I am sure there is a way to schedule this task, but how?

Any suggestions?

@IM

There is an inject using the vaultadmin command from the CLI.

Thanks, but could you be more specific?

@IM

Go into your command line interface, cd to the netbackup/bin directory and type in the following command:

vltopmenu

Ok, but vltopmenu is not the issue. I know this command line feature.
What I want is a method of injecting tapes unattended from my Media Access Ports into the Library.
I want this done as a schedled job if possible, and not with any interactions from my side except from putting the tapes into the Media Access Ports or slots if you want.

There is no schedule to do this. Perhaps, writing a script to do a vmupdate. I would not advise in doing this just in case someone forgot to take the tapes out of the CAP prior to the inject.

I use crontab job with vmupdate on our Unix system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back