Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Initializing a FC4700

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurangoCase

Technical User
Jun 9, 2007
US
I have a used FC4700. I can connect PPP via serial cable. I can also get it to a K10 prompt in Hyperterm. When connected via serial I get 192.168.1.2 and I can ping 192.168.1.1. I have NaviCLI software. I have the management UI 6.6.0.3.6. When I point a browser to 192.168.1.1 either on the serial or LAN, I get the "Unable to access security information." messge. I am suspect of my agent.config file. Can anyone verify the procedure and minimum software requirements for initializing a PSM on this machine. I have the original disks as well as a fresh set. The results are the same with both. I've tried the default agent.config as well as hand done agent.config. This should be easy. Please help as I have too many days on this one as it is.

My Navisphere 6.6 was too new to talk to Flare 8.42. I was able to initialize the FC4700 using NaviCLI. I'm looking at my other SP's to see if a newer Flare is on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back