Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Initialized database, now its really messy

Status
Not open for further replies.

string71

Technical User
May 5, 2004
US
I initialized all databases after initializing the "astpsdat" database did not clear the backup job haning on the CAT files. The problem I now have is:

I submitted the backup job and when I start the job it comes up as "done" immediately. The tape is not accessed at all. I then tried to submit a smaller job and the same problem. At this point I cannot submit any jobs without it immediately stating the job is done.

After initialzing the databases is there another procedure that I must run? or any suggestions on fixing this problem.

thanks

It is not necessarily a DB problem.
Try a Copy job just to make sure that works ok.
Also try a Restore job.

Stop all the services and close the manager. Make a backup copy of the database directory. A good way to take care of a really messed up DB is to install the product to another system. Delete everything in the database directory on the original install, and then copy of the one from the install on the other system.

Now bring it up and try it out. If it now works you had a db problem. You can go back to the original db and repair it or just leave things as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back