Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

initialization of code in CWinApp

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdunncs

Technical User
Jun 21, 2003
US
Hello, I have a problem with my MDI. When the CWinApp constructor is called in my program several initializes are skipped. Inside the appcore.cpp that houses the initialization code I have placed a break point where the initialization begins. When I step through after the 'ASSERT(AfxGetApp() == this);' line, the code jumps to
the section called '// other initialization'.

So when I go to close my file and the CWinApp destructor is called, I get an error. When I make a release of it and put it on another computer without Visual Studio, the program doesn't start. (But it does starts on the two computers with Visual Studio 7 and 5)

What do I do to get this to work? Please help me, I need to turn this project in my Aug 15. Thanks.

By the way, I tried it making a new mdi and the code is not skipped on that one, but I have followed the initialization for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back