Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

initial hardware config

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeSiG

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2001
US
hey guys,

heres the deal....someone please tell me where i went wrong....i have a cisco 2525 router and im trying to access the IOS....i have the router connected to my comp via the console port direct to my com1 port...the cable is rj45 to router and db25 with db9 adapter to com1...im using HyperTerminal with the port settings as 9600 8-N-2 flowcontrol=none(ive tried all the other settings here as well) when i attempt to connect to the com port the HyperTerminal says connnected but when i power up the router nothing happens.....whyOwhy??
thanks
FeSiG

You need a "rolled" cable.. it would be 8 conductor with pin 1 going to pin 8 and so on.. the adapters from Cisco are label TERM and MODEM. You need the TERM adapters. If you need a pinout, ask and we can post it. Or you can get it off the Cisco web site.

This link has good details about the cable and connectors.

Mike S
"Diplomacy; the art of saying 'nice doggie' till you can find a rock" Wynn Catlin

Trying to find out the layout for createing my own RJ45 to DB9 converters any tips!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back