Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmitch

Technical User
Feb 2, 2007
US
In reference to earlier discussion thread58-1150784 I am having a very similar problem. I have been working on my system to implement the change for Daylight Savings Time for this year (using the tips I found in this site at
The change worked great - when I advanced the system clock to 3/11/07 1:59, it changed 60 seconds later to 3:00am. I rebooted the box to make sure the change would remain static after a reboot, and I get at least a dozen of the "INIT: Command is respawning too rapidly" messages, each followed by a TTY location.

This occurs before I get to the login prompt, so I can't go any further. I tried entering single user mode by pressing Control+D several times during the bootup, but I always end up at the same place. I can enter text on the

So for now this box, which runs a mission-critical application, is dead in the water. I'm looking for some magic to get this thing running again. Any suggestions are appreciated.

You may try to type the following at the Boot: prompt:
DEFBOOTSTR AUTOBOOT=NO

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

To get into single user mode you DO NOT enter Control+D, you will enter you root password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back