Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INI000 fault code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deweyhumbolt

Technical User
Oct 22, 2007
US
This morning @ 4:28:33 my Option 81C 4.5 INI. I'm searching for fault code info and my NTP says go to page 555 for this and it's the middle of BUG messages.

INI000 0000005B
DSET000 DOWN LOAD 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 50293

INI002 0000008E 0000008F
ACDR ACTIVATED

My Maint. displays say ( 8F SDI 15 )

What's my issue? Our Tech Support was supposedly working on my BUG440 issue, ( every 5 min., all day long). Are they related?

Look in the NTP's under HEX and it explains all hex codes on the maintenance displays.

ini does not need much in the way of codes.. 99 percent of the time when the switch does an ini it has lost touch with reality, any code is almost impossible... ini is a restart, event prior to the ini may help determine the cause.. it's almost like asking a person where it hurts after he passes out.. look at the history file prior to the ini or at least the prt sel 200 in 117

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If you really want to know the root cause of the INI, have your vendor open a case with Nortel for INI analysis. There is no charge, vendors are actually encourage to call in INI cases...as long as the release is still supported.

However, your vendor might have someone on their staff that already knows how to perform a INI analysis, ask and request it.

The information and possible root cause on the INI is located in the rdlog within PDT. The info in the rdlog can go back several weeks, sometimes months... as long as there were no power outage.

All logs are wiped clean on SYS

hopes this helps somewhat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back