Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inhibit Off-Switch Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdof

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2003
I want to bar offswitch calls to specific numbers and not to all numbers.

Specifically I want to bar offswitch calls that start with 6N and 00N and leave only the ones that start with 2N to go ahead.

I could create a short code to bar those when the user would enable the forward but all my users have Phone Manager so the call to IP Office is completely different as far as I understand.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
My version is 1.4

Thanks a lot

Use the short code to bar the calls as normal
PoneManager will have no affect on this function as all calls & diverts will be processed through shortcodes as usual.

You mean that PhoneManager actually dials the short code to enable the forward?

Right now I have erased all Forward short codes but forwarding to internal numbers works with PhoneManager.

Which short codes should I enable for the forward offswitch to work?

Thanks

I think I may have missunderstood slightly
you wish to prevent people setting foward to certain numbers, but not bar these numbers from beein dialed.

I do no think you can achieve this with phonemanager

in System/Telephony there is a setting "Inhibit Off Switch Calls" this blocks all off switch diverts
unfortunatly I do not know if there is an override forindividual users if req.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.
Right now I have blocked all offswitch calls but I want to enable them to certain numbers of certain users.

I believe there should had been at least an option in the user preferences to allow offswitch calls per user.

Set systems shortcodes 6N and 00N to Busy. That will stop anyone dialing them or using them if set as forwards (they can set the forward but not use it).

For those users who are allowed to make those calls, add user shortcodes 6N and 00N set to Dial.

This is not perfect as to block the whole gamut of numbers users might dial (ie. the access digits of an alternate carrier before the 00N) will give you reams of shortcodes.

Sadly the IP Office default (the ./?/Dial) system shortcode means it will outdial any number that does match an internal group/extension or shortcode.

[With correction to last para]

Set systems shortcodes 6N and 00N to Busy. That will stop anyone dialing them or using them if set as forwards (they can set the forward but not use it).

For those users who are allowed to make those calls, add user shortcodes 6N and 00N set to Dial.

This is not perfect as to block the whole gamut of numbers users might dial (ie. the access digits of an alternate carrier before the 00N) will give you reams of shortcodes.

Sadly the IP Office default (the ./?/Dial) system shortcode means it will outdial any number that does'nt match an internal group/extension or shortcode.

What you are saying will cause people not to dial 6N.
I want them to dial 6N but I don't want them to be able to forward to 6N.
I want everybody to dial 6N but only 3-4 people to be able to forward to 6N.

As far as I have understood this isn't possible with IP Office.
Anybody knows if this is available in version 2.0?

I understand 2.0 is due November but is there a specific date?

Thanks

Understand now. Can't think how you would do it. Most systems work on the basis - if you're allowed to dial it then you can set it as a divert/forward.

Have you got Voicemail Pro?

You could divert the call to a VoicemailPro Node then use the Voicemail Pro to allow certain users to actually forward externally.

Just a thought.

Mar sin leat

endpoint
(when you get here there's no where else to go!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back