Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inherited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mika

Programmer
Jul 17, 2000
NL
Hi... I've Inherited a W2k server system with all of the conected PCs running windows ME.

Is there a way to tell what I've got... wether active directory is working and what each user can do and so on?

Also, I've tried to use group policies but can't seem to get them working.Can someone give me steps to impliment a group policy please?

Mika

You are going to need to do some reading, far too much to put in a post.

The new Group Policies Book by Sybex is a good start (part of the Mark Minasi series).

As for Win2k AD, there are plenty of books around or even take a look at the MS webcasts under Training - Webcasts. There are a number of Win2k and AD webcasts which are pretty good and Free!

Hi... is a lot to read there isn't there!!!

I think I read somewhere that you can't use group policies with windows 9x machines though. I don't know if Microsoft counts ME as a windows 9x version. Is it possible that you can let me know definately if I can use group policies on this system please?

Mika

You cannot use Group Policies on Win ME or any 9x product, you will have to resort back to System Policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back