Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inhereted LDK 100 upgrade / configuration advice 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGTBILLCOE

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2010
GB
I have recently started with a new firm and have inherated a LDK 100 phone system the site that we have taken over came from the OR and had ben stripped of most of it's parts. I have been able to start up the phone system and with the one digital handset that I found on site a LKD-8DS have been able to make calls between he digital ports and the analog ports. At my previous site we also had and used a LDK 100 system so I purchased an LDK 7024D and a LDK 7016 to start setting up the system with on both of these handsets when plugged in I receive the sync ok message but they do not connect to the phone system. Today I returned to my old site and installed the handsets and they worked fine. After searching these forums and google I beleive that my problem lies with the software version that I have on my LDK 100 being GS 90P-2.2E
and wondered if this was flash upgradable to a version supporting the 7000 series handsets. The contents of my LDK 100 are as follows

LDK-100 MPBE
LDK-100 PMUTE Card (GS 90P-2.2E)
LDK-100 LANU Card
LDK-100 DMENU CARD
LDK-100 PLLU CARD
LDK-100 MODU CARD (V3.40 (238D)) REV 1.10402
LDK-100 BRIB (ISDN CARD)
GDK-100 STIB (ISDN CARD)
GDK-100 DTIB12/24
GDK-100 SLIB24(ST)

I have downloaded a copy of LDK PC ADMIN (although I am not sure if it's the right one) and a few different manuals. If I can get the 7024D running it will allow me to program the system the IP Address for the Lan Card was written on the Case but does not seem to be valid as it does not reply to pings I have used our IP Scanner to scan the ranges covered by our DHCP Server and The Range from the Static IP that the System was supposed to be on with no Joy. I am guessing that I would need to connect via the serial port as I have no handsets that work to allow me to program the IP Address at present.
Any Advice and help is Welcomed

Hi SCTBILLCOE

You got yourslves a very good system.
Congratulations!

To check the software installed do a [Trans/Pgm]+72 and post the result here.
As you write "so I purchased an LDK 7024D and a LDK 7016 to start setting up the system with on both of these handsets when plugged in I receive the sync ok message but they do not connect to the phone system", I will guess that your system is s/w 2.2.
But post the result of the [Trans/Pgm]+72 - read out from the LKD8.
If the system is that old (i.e. s/w 2.2), it would be some expensive affair to lift it to todays version 3.9.
This would require an ASMUE, that is quite expensive.

So I guess that you will be alright with your version 2.2 (maybe).
The LDK-100 version 2.2 do not run the LDP 7024D and LDP 7016!!! You need the LKD30 and LKD8.

I have the admin program for LDK-100 ver 2.2.
You can find my details here. Use the English text below.

///doktor

Sorry. I did not read all the way through, before I answered.
Your s/w is 2.2.

You need to get hold of an LKD-30 to run some keyset programming. Install this keyset in the first port of the DTIB board.
There is a good picture of this keyset here...

If you log-in from the LKD-30, you can see the IP address in PGM 108.

///doktor

Thank you for your speedy reply. I have just purchased a LKD30 to use as the programming phone and will be on the lookout for some others once i have tested everything.

I have also dropped you a mail at your address on the other site

Many Thanks Again I will post the software version tomorrow when back on site

To login do a [Trans/Pgm] + * + # + [Trans/Pgm].
Hereafter enter the PGM code 100 up to 452.

Check the docs and links here in this forum.

///doktor

Doktor

Again Many thanks for your help and thank you for your email this morning

the results after a trans/pgm this morning were

LGE/DX90P-2.2FI MARCH 04 KOREA 1 RACK

Bill

OK.

If it works alright, then do not change the country code in PGM100. If you have some problems change your country code to UK.
This will, however, drop the database...

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back