Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Infromix error code -458

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhaimy

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
MY
I got this error message when I try to delete data from table which is 4000
transaction . What need to be done so I can delete data up to 20000.

please assist me thank you.

-458 Long transaction aborted.

The database server ran out of log space in which to record this transaction. A transaction that is not fully recorded cannot be rolled back. To preserve database integrity, the operating system ended the transaction and rolled it back automatically. All changes made since the start of the transaction have been removed. Terminate the application, and replan it so that it modifies fewer rows per transaction. Alternatively, contact the database server administrator to discuss increasing the number or the size of the logical logs. Be prepared to talk about the number of rows being updated or inserted and the size of each row.
Thanks, -Jim

You will need to increase physical log
- or reduce one-time update,
add some logical logs (to hold three times physical size)
- check if this error is present database log too

you need to edit $INFORMIXDIR/etc/??config
or run $INFORMIXDIR/bin/??params
or onmonitor

you will need to reboot informix in either way, first is least possible to work at all

what is onmonitor ? Please do explain what is it for and what it does

thanks
Anu

Anu:

onmonitor is the frontend interface to the Online engine. Many of the informix commands used to access the engine such as oninit, onstat, etc are available thru onmonitor.

If you log in as informix, simply execute:

onmonitor

and you'll see what I mean.

Regards,

Ed

Thanks a Lot Ed.

I am new to Tek-tips . recently joined. I posted a new thread on the same question and then noticed this.Its quite informative . I have just started woking on Informix Dynamic Server . Will come back with more questions as and whenever i get stuck .

Thank You

Anu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back