Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Infragistics Controls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo11

Programmer
Feb 2, 2003
US
Does anyone have any knowledge of workarounds for using a web application that has infragistics web controls on a MAC? I spoke Infragistics and they said they do not support any MAC OS regardless of the browser being used.

I have confirmed this as an app I am assuming responsibility for does not work because of this. I tried IE 5.2, safari, firefox, nothing works. Some of the controls don't even load.

We are using citrix as a short term low usage workaround, but need to see if we need to replace the controls.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.....

-------------------------------------------
Ummm, we have a bit of a problem here....

What do you mean by a workaround? The only option I see is to remove the 3rd party controls if you need it working on a platform that the 3rd party doesn't support.

Need help finding an answer? Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244.

There was some comments floated about by the person who made the decision to use the controls that there should be a way to get them to work anyway.

I know it doesn't seem possible but I have to at least expore it.

-------------------------------------------
Ummm, we have a bit of a problem here....

If the 3rd party doesn't support the platform, then their controls may or may not work. There may be times when they do but you may hit a problem that they simply won't resolve for you. If you need to support that platform, I'd stay clear of using their controls.

Need help finding an answer? Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244.

Hi,
I don't mean to advertise here but if you're looking for very cool asp.net components, it might be worth taking some time to evaluate DevelopperExpress components. They've got really great controls and a very responding support team. I haven't had time yet to use their asp.net controls but I have seen them in action (their demo page) and they're neat. I have been using their WinForms controls for about a year and all I can say is that I'm glad to have chosen them. IMHO they're the best out there.

My 2cents

---
[tt][COLOR=white Black]MASTA[/color][COLOR=Black lightgrey]KILLA[/color][/tt] [pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back