Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Infoview timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkom

Technical User
Jul 23, 2010
FI
I have problem with Businessobjects Infoview. I have slow report. I am able export it if I just export it when first page appears. If I try move to last page it takes about 35 minutes and Infoview asks to logon again. And run report again... I changed timeout settings in CMS ReportsApplicationServer but it has do effect to this problem. What can I do?

You'll actuall have to change the "session-timeout" settings for InfoView. Under the webapps folder for your Tomcat installation, search for "web.xml" files that contain the <session-timeout> tag (there will be several - most will need to be updated). Normally this is set to 20 for 20 minutes. When I do an install I usually increase this to 60.

After making changes, stop Tomcat, go to the "Work" folder under the Tomcat install and delete the "Catalina" folder that contains Tomcat's cache. Then restart Tomcat.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back