Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Informix oracle connectivity date/time functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikaspd

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
IN
I am having oracle database in which i want to fetch few records from informix database. I have one program running in my win-2000 machines which runs at 0600 hrs in morning and captures data from informix database and writes into oracle database which is web-enabled. Problem is that i am not able to fetch date/time values from informix and write into oracle. The date field is defined as 'INT' in informix database. If you have any solution for thsi please advice...........Thanx in advance.

Hi
Date fields in a Informix database should always be defined as DATE not as INT.
Likewise if you want a time variable you should define it as DEFINE sometime DATETIME HOUR TO SECOND, or if you want a datetime variable you should define it as DEFINE sometime DATETIME YEAR TO SECOND.
If you exports a INT from a Informix database you will get a Number, if you exports a DATE variable you wil get a date.
Be carefull with the DBDATE enviroment variable in the Informix system. Be sure that this variable are set to give the same format of the DATE variable i the Informix system as you have in the Oracle system.
God luck
Thorkild

Especially to Thorkild,
Thanks for your good replys with regards Informix 7.3. Next questions is, I'm in processing government tender to migrate from old Sun Sparc Machine to thev new server Sun which running on Intel Base (Sun V40z). Is it the Informix RDBMS 7.3 will running smoothly on Solaris 10 intel base (x86)?. Your best solution is very appreciated.

TQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back