Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Informix Connect Error - Can't Write Rows -567

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmeckley

Programmer
Jul 15, 2002
US
I am new (8 hours old) to informix connect and unix and everything involved in creating an ODBC link between my Windows XP machine and the Unix Server.

The database and software are 3rd party. They gave me instructions on how to setup my PC and tech support setup my server. I have a successful Test Connection established thanks to tech support.

Now, when I attempt to access the tables I get the following error:
[tt]ODBC -Call Failed
[Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Cannot write rows(#-567)[/tt]

This exact error is from Access XP.
I get similiar errors with Excel XP, Crystal and MS Query.

The Find Error application that comes with Informix Connect says:
[tt]Cannot write sorted rows.
This internal error reflects an unexpected condition during a sort. Check the accompanying ISAM error code for more information. If the error recurs, please note all circumstances and contact Technical Support at tsmail@us.ibm.com.[/tt]

No errors about ISAM were displayed. Tech Support at the software company is stumped. The version is [tt]Informix Connect 2.81 Setnet 32 9.53 2.81.TC1[/tt]

I need to get connected ASAP, my supervisor needs a custom report. This is all very new to me and I thank you in advance for any support or direction given.

On a side note, once I get this up and running is there a way to put the Informix mapping, and DSN on the network so anyone can access the reports without setting up each users machine? This question is much less important that the previous one for now.

Jason Meckley
Database Analyst
WITF

Hi
I don't know your System layout, but one place to look could be temporary spaces. Default informix uses /tmp on the UNIX server as temporary space during sort's. But it is possible to create speciel temp databas spaces to use. If the size of the tmp space is to small or you do not have wright permissions on the system you are accessing unexpected results migth occur.
What I'am saying is that this looks like a foulty configuration on the server.

thorkild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back