Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information type out of range error

Status
Not open for further replies.

garethashton

Programmer
May 13, 2001
US
When I try to export a MS Access table to a MySQL database, I get the following error:

ODBC--callfailed.
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Information type out of range (#0)

I am using the MySQL driver with the correct username and pass. Does anyone know what this means and how to fix it?
thanks,
-Gareth

I'm not an ODBC expert by any means, but that message seems to me to be saying that either you are exporting a field type that isn't defined in MySQL, or the equivalent MySQL data type can't hold the same range of values as a Jet database can.

Try creating a query that selects the first column from your table, and export that. If that succeeds, add one more column and export that. Keep going until you get the error. That will tell you the column (or the first column) that is causing the error. Compare the data type definitions in Jet and MySQL to see whether they're compatible. Maybe your MySQL table is set up wrong, and you can just change a column datatype. Rick Sprague

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back