Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattl

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2002
DE
All,

I am having problems accessing my information Store. I started getting calls this morning from users, that they cannot access email (Exchange 5.5 on a Win2k server). I have communication with the server (via Ping), all of the exchange services are running, I did an ISINTEG -fix -pri test alltests (fixed some errors) and also a eseutil /g ispriv and this returned no errors. At this point when I open Outlook It says that the Information Store Could not be opened..... There are no event log entries concerning the information store

HELP!!!!!!!

The Wierd part is that I CAN access the information store via Outlook Web Access... but not Outlook...

Is it a Windows 2000 domain?

Also, have you checked to ensure that some of your TCP/IP ports aren't blocked?

I only mention that because some recent security alerts have recommended people to block RPC ports

Its an NT4.0 Domain and I haven't blocked any TCP/IP Ports

Have you tried the RPC Ping tool on the Exchange CD? Try both the name and IP address

I discovered something new..... My Win2k Clients have access via outlook to the Information Store... My XP users don't. This is as of this morning... before this morning all accessed great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back