Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information Store Service Not Starting after DR Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notleks

MIS
Jul 29, 2002
US
I have been doing a DR restore of an Exhange 5.5 SP4 server onto another NT4 SP6a server. Neither server is a BDC or PDC. This is to recover a mailbox which wasn't backed up individually (brick level).

I have been following Alshrim's excellent FAQ on the subject but, when I get to the final part of the process, starting the Information Store service, I get the following error:

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service returned service specific error 3355445011 (Event ID 7024 from Service Control Manager appears in the event log).

I've checked the registry for the RestoreInProgress key and deleted the checkpoint files. I completely uninstalled Exchange, all data and reinstalled/restored with the same result.

Can anyone help? I'm sure it must be something to do with an inconsistency between the DS and the IS. I have called back another tape with an older DS on it which should be here tomorrow.

Can I get around this by deleting all data in the DSADATA folder, not restoring an old DS but just getting the consistency checker to recreate the entries (assuming I can then get the DS and IS services running)?

Thanks in advance.

This error is in the application log:

Event ID: 5000
Source: MSExchangeIS

Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. Error 0xc8000713.

I've resolved my own problem and (as usual) it was my own fault for being so dense.

When checking for the RestoreInProgress registry I had been looking under the values for the MSExchangeIS but not expanding it so that I could see all keys. Doh!

See this doc:
All working now

Apologies if I've wasted your time - Who knows this might help some other poor soul.

Hehe.. glad to see that it worked out.. I was just gonna say - delete the whole key! inside the MSExchangeIS key... hehehe.

Alshrim
System Administrator
MCSE, MCP+Internet

ok I am having the same problem. I deleted the whole key. I tried to view the support doc but its no long there.

C:\exchsrvr\bin>isinteg -patch
Microsoft Exchange Information Store Integrity Checker v5.5.2653.22
Copyright (c) 1986-1997 Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.
The private store could not be updated. Reason : JET_errBadLogSignature

Thanks NOTLEKS, but all ready had that printed out.

I have done an offline backup to move Exchange 5.5 to a new server but had to go back to the old server due to lack of time. Information Store would not start with the Event ID 7001, "The MS Exchange System Attendant service depends on the Net Logon service which failed to start because of th following error: Access Denied"

Possibly Exchange logon password incorrect but not sure how to resolve?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

You should start a new thread instead of camping on the bottom of a previous one.

In the NetLogon propterties tick "This account" and punch in your admin username and password. Make sure your new server is a domain server (a BDC)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back