Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information Store Error Error 0xfffff8ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheh1

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
MY
My Exchange server went down. Someone told me the drive C (where exchange /bin and NT system are located) was full. Veritas was also installed in this drive. My mail administrator uninstall veritas software to make some spaces. While doing so he chose not to keep the shared file when prompted by veritas uninstaller. After the uninstallation when he tried to restart exchange, this was what he got

"Error 0xfffff8ed initializing the Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store database"

also

"Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. Error 0xfffff8ed. "

I was then informed and I did eseutil /g.
Observed that that inconsistencies were reported. Backup my mdbdata folder and run eseutil /p /ispriv /x
Repaired was succefully done and when I did eseutil /g ispriv, there was no complaint. Try to start exchange again, but the same error message as mentioned above (i.e. error 0xfffff8ed) still happened.

When I run "isinteg -pri -fix -test alltests", I got
"jet Error Jet_errFileNotFound while opening the IS "
databases."

Anybody have any idea ?

Since I wanted to have it restored ASAP, while waiting for anybody who can give some inputs, I am trying to reinstall Exchange, try to use the old database. If fail, I would try to use the backup that we have.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back