Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information/resources on CGI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel80

Programmer
May 25, 2000
GB
I know nothing about Common Gateway Interface but I would like to learn something about it.. May I know if there's any sites that provide tutorials on CGI stuffs?? or can anybody explain that in detail to me? <br>THanks a million for your kind help!!

<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> take your pick from there.<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> module<br><br>Without CGI, web servers simply serve static HTML files.&nbsp;&nbsp;CGI is a set of rules that extend how a&nbsp;&nbsp;web server and client(browser) <i>talk</i> to each other to get the web server to do more than serve static html pages.&nbsp;&nbsp;There are some real security issues involved that you need to pay attention to.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is not as nasty as it sounds.&nbsp;&nbsp;You'll need to know a little HTML to understand the CGI stuff.&nbsp;&nbsp;I would recommend doing a little work 'long hand' and then, fairly quickly, get and use the CGI.pm module listed above. <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br> keep the rudder amid ship and beware the odd typo

take the space off of the end of the first url above and it will work....<br>please forgive the typo. <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br> keep the rudder amid ship and beware the odd typo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back