Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information Only Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeeMan

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2004
US
Is there a way that I can setup an information only voicemail box? E.g. someone dials and all they hear is an outgoing message without the ability to lease a message?

Yes - in CallPilot, when you add a new mailbox, select Informational instead of Subscriber when you are prompted for the mailbox number. You can then point to that mailbox via express messaging lines or a CCR tree.

hey biv343,
were you able to send a target line to a info mailbox and play that greeting?

I was having a hard time - i could get it through a CCR path, but not directly a DID and there was no option for messaging line (N* CP 2.1)

senk1s, you read my mind. I didn't ask my question well but you hit exactly what I want to do, send a target line to an information box. Or, could I setup a normal VM and give it a custom class of service so there is no storage?

You refreshed my memory. You are correct - an informational mailbox can't have an express messaging line attached. Forgot about that until I looked a minute ago. Sorry for the confusion.

You could do a subscriber mailbox with it's own class of service - never tried adding a COS with no storage, but it might work. If nothing else, set the storage time to 1 minute and leave a message in the mailbox so it's "full".

If your Rec digit length matches your mailbox length. Then you could build a box with the rec dgits (rec = 4444 mailbox = 4444) and assign that line to the voice mail DN. Then the call will go to that box.

hi hawks ... i had tried and that works for a regular mailbox - for a info, it throws it into the Gen Dely mailbox

thanks for the feedback senk1s, did you ever find the software you were looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back