Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information on Insight Manager 7 SP2.3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

netnut1234

Technical User
Oct 20, 2004
GB
I am looking for some help with Insight Manager 7. I have installed it on a management server (P3 993mhz) which is running Windows 2003 Standard Edition. I have installed Java 1.3.1 for the application. Everytime I open up Insight Manager I get the Securtiy alerts, Warning of HTTPS events which I except. Then all I get is Please wait. Checking for a Java Plug-In, I know that Java is installed and is loaded as it appears in the sys tray, but that is where the applications will stop, the page will not load, does anyone know how to get the plug-In installed correctly so that I can at least start to use Insight Manager.

your not alone, getting same problem when trying to upgrade from old version, looking into it now...

I have now got this working. I went onto the HP website and downloaded SIM 4.2 with SP2, installed it on my server and it is working now OK.

many thanks, have done the same after your suggestion, appreciate the reply.

got as far as discovering the following:-

- bypassed/disabled firewalls both locally and at boundary
- web proxy server also avoided

still didnt resolve the problem

Spec

- SmartStart managment CD 7.10
- XP-sp2 client
- Java client 1.4.1_04

afer all this download had finished and went for the quicker alternative. Works a treat on spec above, but hate it compared to the more intuitive compaq version 5.5, will be keeping both i feel.

Thanks again, saved a few grey hairs and shed loads of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back