Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information Mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sooperbohl

Technical User
Mar 2, 2004
US
Senior moment here.

I have a Nortel Option 61 with Call Pilot 600 R

Information only mailbox built to play message. Assigned to a phantom TN. Calling the DID number from an external number, I get the message played no problem. Calling the DN 7***, I get greeting with a message " this mailbox is not accepting messages" insted of hearing the recording. Im sure it is something that I am overlooking. Any thoughts and advise are appreciated.

Thanks,

Soop

Do you just have the external greeting recorded?
In your phantom TN programming, do you just have DCFW set and nothing else?

Thanks for responding Dabble,

I do have the external greeting recorded. It works when calling the DID from outside. Internal callers are met with the message that the mailbox is not accepting messages and disconnects. I need to have this function properlly for both external and internal callers. Im sure it is an easy fix I am just overlooking it.

Thanks,

Dave

What is the treatment set up for your FNAD FNAL FNAT in LD15?

I set up the same scenerio - created a phantom TN with the last 4 digits of my DID with FRT DCFW to voice mail.

Created a voice mail box and blocked messages. Just recorded my external greeting.

Then called the DID from my cell - received my recording.
Then called the 4 digit extension from my desk phone and received the recording so it appears to work OK for me.

Thanks..I will check the set up in LD 15.. The person did the programming on this just might have missed that.

Dave

I just checked FNAD, FNAL and FNAT in LD 15 RDR_Data.. I dont show anything set up for those three. Not sure what should be programmed there if anything. What do think Dabble. All other items appear to be programmed correctly.

Dave

My RDR in LD 15 is set as follows:

TYPE RDR_DATA
CUST 00
OPT CFF CFRD PVCA CWRD MCI
FNAD FDN
FNAT FDN
FNAL FDN
CFTA YES

The default setting for these three is HNT.

Making changes to these parameters will impact the forwarding for everything on your switch so just be aware of that.

Maybe change / test in off hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back