Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information mailbox service modes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUCHIMAMA

Programmer
Jan 25, 2004
US
Ok, Here is the dealy! BCM3.7

I have created two services modes a "lunch" mode and a "weekend" mode both are set to Auto. The lunch mode works fine and rings extension 411. The weekend mode works fine and rings x412. Now here is the problem. These two service modes ring the extensions and forward directly to voicemail box which is fine. However I need these to be Information voicemail boxes only tied to these two extensions. These voicemail boxes do not take messages. Callers are leaving messages and filling up the mailboxes even though they are told not to. So how can I assign an Info box to these two extensions.

I cannot use the AA or CCR for it is filled with all other greetings throughout the day.

Thanks in advance

Support Our Troops

Without changing to an information mailbox, you can continue to use the mailboxes you have, record an alternate greeting and you can switch to the alternate greeting and I believe there is an option to prevent the caller from leaving a message. try it.

You could also probably modify one of the unused mailbox COS to allow something like 1 second of message space and assign it to the two mailboxes. But why not just delete them and create them as information mailboxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back