Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Information Exchange 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonnieJohnson

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
US
I work for an agency that does child placing for our State. We have a system built using ASP.net (VS2010) and SQL Server 2012. With the Health Information Exchange gaining momentum we wanted to know if it is hard to build a process to exchange information with other organizations.

How hard is it to connect systems between organizations? Has anyone has to do that yet?

ProDev, Builders of Affordable Software Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

We built an API using Microsoft's Entity Framework.
We created a REST service layer. Our clients can call our API via URL with authentication keys and headers. They can use JSON or XML and it will return a JSON object or XML.

Another approach you can take is to use web services.

Thanks jbenson001,

You have never ceased to amaze me. I don't code much anymore. Mostly doing management and administrative stuff so I don't get to post a lot of request or tips.

Anyway, that sounds interesting and worth looking into. We currently have some web services we do with various institutions so we are keen on that. I am going to read up on the first suggestion you gave.

Thanks again,

ProDev, Builders of Affordable Software Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Glad I could help
Using the entity framework along with LINQ will be a learning curve, but very interesting. Also, It will be consumable by anyone through any browser. Sometimes, webservices cannot be accessed by a shop that is not using Microsoft technologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back