Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Infopath Not Opening in Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evmori

MIS
Jun 17, 2016
US
I have created an InfoPath form that I have published to a SharePoint site. But whenever I attempt to open it, it opens in the InfoPath Filler and if I open it on a computer that doesn't have InfoPath then I receive an error saying I need the filler. I want this to be distributed throughout a company that doesn't have InfoPath Filler on their computers so opening in a web browser would be the best option. How do I make the form open in the web browser? I have the file saved as a Web Browser template as well as changing the forms settings under Advanced Settings to open in browser but it does not. Please help

It's got to be a file type and/or file location issue. Is the form saved to a SharePoint library or to a network or local drive? If network or local drive, try adding it to a SharePoint library. I have no way to test anything with my current job, b/c we don't use SharePoint at all. I'm just guessing at it, really, b/c I only used Infopath a handful of times to modify forms I setup within SharePoint. If you've gotten a solution otherwise, please post your solution in case someone else runs into the same problem.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back