Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InfoPath Data Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

LLowrance

Programmer
May 11, 2004
US
I'm new to InfoPath 2003, I built a form which is a survey and now realize I need to store the data in a database. Can an access database be built from the form?
I can see where a form can be built from an exisiting database but I need to do the reverse. Can this be done?

If I have to build the database manually and name the fields the same as my form, can it be mapped?

Thanks

-LLL

As long as you set the table structure up so that it mimics the form fields then you should be able to set a link on each field to the appropriate place on the form

Technically however, you should always have your table set up before you design your form. you may also find that it will be easier to connect it to a SQL Server database than an Access one

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back