Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INFOConnect Automation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmyarse

Technical User
Jul 27, 2005
US
I can't find any references to it anywhere else on the web but I always see the EXTRA! client being controlled with OLE initilizing the Extra.System object.

The problem is I'm using INFOConnect...I see that there is an object Accmgr.System. Does anyone have any info on this? I tried taking the demo code for Extra! and replacing the Extra.System line with Accmgr.System and I get nothing useful.

Just a bump - I've found the Accmgr.System object and got it reading and writing and all that fun stuff with VB6...

Now what if I wanted to use this in VC? I need a typelib/header files/etc and I can't seem to generate them through Ole Viewer or anything else (and I want to accomplish this without buying the dev kit from Attachmate.) I've got the extra typelib that came with Extra and I tried to just changed the GUIDs but I can't even find the ones extra lists referenced much less the ones I need for infoconnect/accessory manager.

I hate to do it this way but I might be creating a dll in VB to act as a wrapper for my VC stuff (I have no reason/desire to learn visual basic) Any idea how vb can work with the object (and also find the interfaces/whatever it supports) when I can't seem to get that information elsewhere or use it...

Have you added a reference to the dll you need? When I saw your original post I assumed you had.

Once you have the reference added you can create objects of that type and get access to the properties/methods in VB.

Sorry if this is too basic, but I made some original assumptions that I shouldn't have.

calculus

Well it works in VB just fine without adding any references. What I'm trying to do is to get it working in C++.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back