Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Info Viewer print orientation is incorrect when viewing

Status
Not open for further replies.

amurgett

MIS
Jan 25, 2002
GB
I had this problem a couple of years back at a different company, it was fixed then but has re-emerged where I am now , any help much appreciated ....

A report is designed as a Landscape report. Because landscape is chosen, 'Default properties' becomes unchecked in 'Printer setup'.

The completed report is embedded into the Info Desktop Environment and run.

When 'Page on Demand from Server' is ticked and Info Viewer used to view the output, the report is now portrait and displays incorrectly.

When 'Page on Demand from Server' is unticked and Info Analyser used to view the output, the report is Landscape as desired.

Can anyone shed light onto why the problem is occuring and how to fix?

Many thanks.

A.

Ok, a few things here.
1) when you use the Info Viewer (page on demand), the Info Server is grabbing whatever printerdriver is installed and tries to render thepage.
2) When you use the Analyser, the entire report is streamed to your client machine and the local printer driver is used.

That may explain why you see different results. Sadly, you didn't include much detail. Does this problem happen withthe Info Desktop on the server box as well?

If so, the right printer drivers may be installed but different processes access it. The server is a a Windows service (Info Agent?) which kicks in for page on demand, but the Analyzer is an application that runs under your user account. Try to log on to the box under the same account the service is running under - any change?
You may need to give the service rights to use the prister driver.

There is a white paper on the Crystal site on stuff like that - "no_printer.pdf" or something like that.

Test it out and report back to us :)

Hello,
I am suddenly having problems with InfoDesktop 7.0.
Its been fine for months, but now the InfoViewer is displaying reports in portrait mode, when they should be in landscape mode.
Needless to say, some data is now missing in the preview and in the print job of reports.
I've compacted the Cinfo.mdb file, but that did not help.

Should I try a reinstall of InfoDesktop over the current version?

Please advise.

thanks,
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back