Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Info View and session Timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMarley

Programmer
Mar 14, 2003
US
Environment
2003 Windows Server SP2
Business Objects XI R2 SP2
SQL Server 2005

HI,

I installed all of the BOE servers on two machines. The WCA and .net sdks are installed on a web server that is on W3K SP2.

If I log onto infoview and click on a report I get "Session Expired" right away. The defualt viewer is DHTML

IF I got to preferfences and don't make any changes and clcik ok and go back to the report I can now view it.

If I try to log off I get and error.

Now if I have the viewer on ACtive X I can view the report fine and I can also log off fine.

Anyone now why this is occurring. BO tech support has not been able to resolve this issue for over 3 weeks.

I also have custom apps that cannot view the reports using the opendocument method.

If I have the programmer change their code to the embedded Crystal Viewer they are able to view the reports using the logon credetials provided to them.

Do you have a lot of "Transport errors" in your Application Log on one or both of the servers...?

How do you have the BOE services distributed between the two servers - are they CLUSTERED properly...?

I get, transport errors on the cache server.

I have the cluster set up properly

Two servers with identical set up clustered using @CLUSTERNAME

I can shut down one set of servers and still log on and vice versa.

thanks in advance

The "Session Expired" message usually means that you have lost a TOKEN when handing off the job between servers.

Are you using Fully-Qualified-Domain-Names (FQDN) - and a Domain Account on all the BOE services...?

If you shut-down all the BOE services on the second-server, do your "Session Expired" problems go away..?

ALl of my servers on both machines are set up to use the same domain account on all services.

IF I shut down all the services on one machine I still get the same error.

The weird thing is that once I am in infoview and click on preference and click ok. I go back out and I can then view the report.

And this issue never happens if you use a different viewer - other than DHTML, right?

Does it happen to ALL users?

Does it happen in when viewing/previewing in both InfoView and CMC?

Are you using ENTERPRISE or LDAP/WinAD accounts?

What happens if you create a new "clean" ENTERPRISE account without changing ANY default preferences? Does the error still happen to that new account in InfoView?

Have BOBJ support had you run on a single-server and run a -trace on all services when you trigger the error...?

This only happens with the DHTML viewer.

It does happen to all users.

I can view in CMC.

Enterprise Authentication

Creating new users still get Session Expired and also the admin account gets the same result.

I enabled trace on Page, Cache, RAS, and CMC. Sent the logs to BO Support. They have been working with me for the past 3 and a half weeks and still do not know why.
They see the error on the log files but they still do not know why.

Thanks for the help.

Really strange.
I've had a similar problem with a few clients today.
I'll look in to it more tomorrow and hope to get a fix.

OK, I am totally streching now...have you tried it with other browsers to see if it is a cookie or security issue in your browser.

I have clients who have had viewer issues in the past because their workstation settings are centrally-managed/updated.

Settings were mass-changed in IE-6, and InfoView was "flakey" for a while until they undid some of the IE changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back