Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Info to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2003
GB
When exporting to Excel (ver 5 ->) blank rows and columns appear in the spreadsheet where there are none in the report. There dosen't seem to be any consistancy in where the blank rows/colums appear though !!

Anyone had similar wierd results ??

Everyone had similar results until they make all the fields in the same row exactly the same ( font, height, etc.). As far as my experience, Excel 7 Extended works the best ( assuming u can use it in your envir.) Good luck!

In Crystal 8.5, the quality of exports improved a lot this year, with the new dll's and patches. If the option doesn't begin MS Excel, you've got the old stuff and should update. Try

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Thanks madac, we do seem to be running an early version of 8.5. We will be upgrading to 9 shortly so I won't bother with the update just yet.
Allypen, your info was useful too, as that has helped with the version we are using at the moment. I've also made sure that all the fields are position right up next to eachother (i.e. no gaps between the fields) which has help a bit more.

Thanks again to the two of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back