Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Info sentinel problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2000
GB
I am running Seagate Info 7.5 over a Citrix metaframe / thin client environment. If my metaframe server blue screens on me and needs to be rebooted, then I find that I cannot manually restart the sentinel in the NT services. It comes up with an internal NT error 2140 and fails to start.
I guess that a file may have been corrupted somewhere, but I don't know which one.
Any ideas?

Hi Snowdude,

Error 2140 is generated either when the service is already running (as in Sentinel is running as a process and an attempt is made to start it as a service) or as a result of a dependent service not having been started successfully - you can achieve the same effect by setting the Sentinel to manaul start, leave it stopped and try and start the APS service.

Check the dependent services for Sentinel (the Modules program on the CD will help) and this will help you to check whether they have been restarted after the crash.

IF you need any more just ask David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back