Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Info prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris35

Technical User
Apr 21, 2003
US
I am using Info 7.5. I am trying to set up a monthly query with a date parameter and schedule it to run with a date Prompt for the last full month. We have daily queries that run great with a "Yesterday" prompt. What are the available choices for Prompts? Does it depend on the d/base? And is there one for last full month?

Thanks.

lastfullmonth is valid.

You state that you're scheduling a report to prompt?

That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, to limit rows to the last full month, select Report->Edit Record Selection->Record and place something like:

{table.date} = lastfullmonth

-k

Do I understand this correctly ?

You have a report which can be ran off monthly ( or for other periods ? ) so you want a prompt when it's scheduled so you can choose "Last Month" or whatever period you want to schedule it for ?

Basically what you need to do is write formula which looks at your prompt, if it says "Last Month" your formula should work out the start and end dates for last month and store them in variables.

You will then need 2 new formulas for the Start Date and End Date which essentially just return the two variables you set in the other formula, these formulas are then used in the Record Selection thing like this:

Record.Date >= {@StartDateFormula} and
Record.Date <= {@EndDateFormula}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back