Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

info networker matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinita

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2006
Hi all,

I've got a customer who has only the next OS: CENTOS and WHITEBOX linux. These OS are not in the Networker 7.3.2 support matrix, so I'd like to know if someone of you have used these kind of server as client or server or storage node, and if you have tried also the Oracle and other networker MODULE.

Thanks id advance for the informations,

have a nice day

Trinità

Hi,

I've ran CentOS for a while in test with NetWorker server. I didn't find any problems with that. I think White Box also is built on Red Hat so you will probably not have a problem there either although both of them are unsupported from EMC.

Thanks Rif123,

I agree with you, also if my doubt about the library persist. Anyway you've given to me a good information really useful.

Take care

Trinità

the condition "unsupported" not mean "don`t work"
I have CenOS running NetWorker client.
EMC don`t spend time and money for OS that not have a "good support" (word's of EMC). So, that distribution are Unsupported.

Yes, I know it very well.

Anyway I tried and networker works very well both with CentOS and Whitebox. Of course, I had to install some libraries and packages.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back