Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Info missing in Enterprise Manager (SQL 2000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley1

MIS
Jul 24, 2003
Hi all,

Just a quickie - our users come through web servers that in turn connect to the DB etc. and they will always use an application. Does anyone know why sometimes in Enterprise Damager (current activity listing SPIDs etc.) that the Application and Host columns are blank, yet I can see the SP's they are calling? We had an issue over the last few days and I am struggling to track where it is coming from as the fields are blank. I have found the host (eventually) by checking the NIC address against an entry that has the host name, but can't work out why it misses that out on occasions. Any ideas?

TIA,

M.

It's just the way the application server is written. IIS is usually good at reporting the hostname, and defaults to "Windows Operating System" for an application. WebLogic servers will only report an IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back