Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INFO- Exporting Active Directory, including SIDS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltex66

Technical User
Oct 26, 2002
AU
Hi All, This threadd is not a question but rather just some info. I recently had a thread that inquired about exporting AD including the SIDS from an old DC that was being moved to an ML-350.

I got a couple of responses but most people were not 100% sure how to do this. I found that if you use windows backup to export the system state to a file , then make a copy of all the edbs and log files from exchange.
Go to the new machine boot up in Directory Restore mode, restore AD from the file, boot up normally, then unmount the exchange stores, copy the backed up EDBS and logs and remount, your users will be able to log straight back on with no interuption, including access to their mail and offline folders etc.

Sorry if this thread is not applicable to the forum as it is not a question, but i just thought it might help some other newbies like me who were trying to figure out a similar problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back